Welcome to the Oasis Academy Pinewood Nursery!
We are delighted to welcome you to our Nursery. A place full of joy and love, where young children come to start their journey into formal education.
We run both morning and afternoon sessions at the following times of the day:
Morning session from 8.45am to 11.45am
Afternoon session from 12.15pm to 3.15pm
Watch this space for the launch of our new nursery name and logo - we think you will love it!
What will my child be learning?
With us, your child will be taught a range of subjects through expressive exploration and sensory experiences. We know that starting Nursery can be a daunting experience for some, therefore do our very best to ease each of our young people into our learning environment in their own way.
Children will discover:
- Communication and Language - they will learn to listen attentively in a range of situations. They'll learn to follow instructions, answering 'how' and 'why' questions about their experiences. They'll also learn to express themselves differently, showing awareness to others' needs, using past, present and future forms accurately.
- Physical Development - children will show good control and coordination, learning to move confidently in a range of ways and safely negotiating spaces. They will learn to hand equipment and tools effectively, including pencils for writing. Children will also learn the importance of good physical health, and ways to keep healthy and safe. Basic hygiene management is reinforced at our provision, as our young people successfully master dressing and going to the toilet independently.
- Personal Social and Emotional Development - with us, children become confident to try new activities, and express what they enjoy and what they don't. They are confident talking in familiar groups about their ideas and work together to achieve shared goals. Talking openly and safely about feelings is encouraged at school, as is talking about behaviour and consequences.
- Literacy - children read and understand simple sentences, using phonics knowledge to decode regular words. They demonstrate writing words in ways to match their spoken sounds, both regular and irregular.
- Mathematics - children count reliably with numbers from 1-20, placing them in order and saying which one is more or less. Using quantities and objects, they can add and subtract.
- Understanding the world - children talk about past and present events in their own lives and those of their families. They understand the differences and similarities between themselves and others and community traditions. Children understand objects, materials and living things, talking about features and how the three are interconnected. Children can also recognise the uses of technology in learning both within the academy and at home.
- Expressive Arts and Design - children sing songs, make music and dance. They safely explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
How many places do you have to offer?
We have 60 spaces offering 30 hours free Nursery education over both morning and afternoon sessions.