A list of the Academy policies can be found below, with links to the policy document.
- Accessibility Plan
- Admission Policy
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Breakfast Club Policy
- Catering Policy
- Curriculum Policy
- Equality Objectives
- E-Safety Policy
- Expenses Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Home Academy Agreement
- Medical Treatment of Pupils Policy
- Off-site Activities and Educational Visits Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Supplementary Privacy Notice
- Teaching and Learning Policy
- Uniform Policy
- If you require any paper copies of our policies or have any queries, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendance Policy
- Behaviour for Learning Policy
- Careers Guidance Policy
- Charging and Remissions Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Exclusions Policy
- Freedom of Information Policy
- Guidance on Data Protection Consent in Oasis Academies
- Major and Critical Incident Policy
- Parental Code of Conduct Policy
- Recruitment and Selection Policy
- Safer Recruitment Specific Guidance
- SEND Policy
- Sex and Relationship Education Policy
- Staff Code of Conduct Policy
- Student Equality and Inclusion Policy
- Subject Access Request Policy
- Whistle Blowing Policy
Oasis Academy Pinewood welcomes comments on the service it provides to students and parents. Feedback enables us to clarify any misunderstanding that arise, and gives us the opportunity to review our procedures if necessary. We are also pleased to learn of things that have gone well.
We believe the support and confidence of parents to be essential to the students' welfare and we are happy to see you on any issue. If the matter is really urgent a senior member of staff will normally see you as soon as possible. However, specific staff will not be able to see parents without an appointment. Please email, write or telephone: an appointment can usually be arranged at short notice.
Your child's success and happiness is our number one priority and we know this can only be achieved by working in partnership with parents and carers. Our Home/Academy Agreement is testimony to our core belief that, by working together, students can achieve and exceed their potential. Our standards and expectations are high and we know yours are too, that is why you have chosen this Academy for your child. Our staff are professionals and are always willing to help; we ask that you treat them with the same courtesy and respect that you expect to receive from them.
If, after discussions and meetings with staff, you feel we have not addressed an issue to your satisfaction, the Academy Complaints Policy explains the procedure to follow.